Families come in different forms. There are two-parent homes, single-parent homes, couples with no children, grandparents raising grandchildren, blended families and the like. All are important no matter the make-up. And the most important person in the family is Jesus.
The purpose of the Family Life Ministries Department at Bethany is to strengthen and enrich the family. The family is the foundation of the church as well as the foundation of the community.
In an effort to get to know each other better, Bethany sponsors several family-oriented events:
- Family Day on the Lawn – A summer cook-out for families to come out to eat, play games and fellowship together.
- Oldies Social – Members dress in 70s attire and remember how it was “back in the day.”
- Couples’ Banquet – An evening of elegance for couples to enjoy being together.
- Married Couples Club – A way to interact with other married couples to encourage and celebrate marriage.
- South Atlantic Marriage Retreat – An annual conference-sponsored weekend retreat for married couples to get away and learn how to enhance their marriages.
- Workshops –We explore topics that are important to the family, such as finances.
A family is only as strong as its connection to God. In the book Adventist Home, E.G. White says, “The home that is beautified by love, sympathy and tenderness is a place that angels love to visit, and where God is glorified. The influence of a carefully guarded Christian home in the years of childhood and youth is the surest safeguard against the corruptions of the world.”
“A God-centered family is a happy family.”
Our Beliefs |
Pastor's Desk |
Bible Study Helps |
Prayer Request |
Church Life |
Church Calendar |